Search Engine Optimization: Common Strategies Used
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most efficient online marketing strategies that target both search engines and organic visitors. The main idea behind search engine optimization is to help attract more traffic from search engines (by gaining higher ranks on the same) as well as high-quality organic traffic. Properly optimized pages almost always show up on the top pages of a search result (SERPs) for the optimized keyword, which translates to more traffic. The website/page also becomes more responsive on both desktop and mobile applications, meaning it is much easier to use. Some of the most relevant SEO strategies that have remained valid to this day include:
1. Keyword research and optimization: Keyword research plays a critical role in SEO and the site performance in general. Researching carefully for competitive keywords, then picking the most competitive and relevant for optimizations is the key to attracting the right target audience. The identified keywords can then be used for content creation, image optimizations and other SEO strategies that need to be implemented.
2. Content marketing: Publishing relevant, informative, and optimized content on your site also plays a significant role in its overall performance online. The content created can be in the form of videos, research reports, blog posts, social media updates, and white papers, all which give/relay information to the target audience. Specific keywords have to be weaved into the content to flow naturally to allow search engine crawlers to catch and identify them. This also helps in indexing.
3. Link building: Backlinks act as influencers that make it easy for search engines and organic visitors to find your site/content quickly. Creating and publishing content in content sites, as well as having another site owner (on the same niche) publish a piece about your site or services are some of the best ways to gather high-quality links. These links create a web-like feature that helps search engines index your content easily.
4. Create a mobile responsive website: With everyone today using their smartphones and other 'portables' to browse the internet, designing a mobile-ready site makes it easy for these users to find and even use the site efficiently. While creating a mobile-responsive website is relatively easy, it helps attract more traffic to your site, hence higher ranks on search engines. Sites that receive the highest amounts of traffic have a better chance of showing up on the top pages of a search result.
5. On-page optimizations: This involves ensuring the page is easy to navigate using either desktop or mobile browsers. The page's user interface, headings, Meta tags, descriptions, and pages do have a significant role in its performance online. Having these optimized by a seasoned SEO expert should help get the page going. In addition to this, on-page optimizations should focus on both search engines and organic visitors to remain relevant.
These are just but a few of the basic SEO strategies that experts use to optimize web pages. Once done properly, your site should start receiving more traffic, leads, and even higher conversions. Some level of patience is however required to start seeing and enjoying the benefits of optimizing your website.